Current Openings at System76
System76 is the leading provider of Linux laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical, and an awesome dog-friendly work environment where smart people are free to create.
To be considered for any positions, send your résumé (and links to any source code you have online) to email@example.com.
Lead Graphic and Web Designer
// Denver, CO
System76 is looking for Lead Graphic and Web Designer who possesses a passion for design and execution. Someone who identifies as a creator and conceptual thinker. You always come with fantastic ideas and designs, and will work with the team to refine them into a finished product.
As the Lead Graphic and Web Designer, you have a strong ability to take a team’s ideas and quickly express them in ways that are compelling and on brand. You understand the importance of compelling design and what it takes to translate your work across multiple consumer touchpoints. You can persuade stakeholders that the work you created is the right solution, but you also recognize that feedback is just another opportunity to improve the work.
We need someone who can represent System76’s culture and who are as passionate and excited about their work as our customers are about theirs. Being a company founded on open source collaboration, strong preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate familiarity with or willingness to adopt open source creative programs like Inkscape, Kdenlive, GIMP, Blender, OpenShot, etc. You strongly identify with the word “maker” and all of the things it represents.
- Take the lead on all visual graphic design creation within System76 across all consumer touchpoints, from website banners to T-Shirts to stickers and everything in between
- Serve as liaison between marketing creative team, UX designer, and web developers, ensuring that ideas are seamlessly translated and executed
- Maintain and advance the System76 visual brand by enforcing brand guidelines across departments, and continuously explore new ways to enhance those guidelines
- Keep current on the latest techniques of design, graphics, layout, typography and photography, and seek new and innovative techniques
- Works in close collaboration with copywriters, strategists, developers, UX designers and other departments to deliver high-quality products on time and within budget
- Ensure creative is executed within agreed strategy, deadlines, and budget
- Grow and develop talent within the System76 team
- Delegate projects to and develop talent within the System76 team
Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of graphic and web design experience, ideally with an in-house creative team, though agency experience is also accepted
- Good eye for nerdy/niche/fantasy
- Front end web development experience and a comfortable knowledge of coding
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Big-picture vision with the ability to expertly and quickly translate ideas into layout and presentations
- Awareness of current (and upcoming) design and ad industry trends
- Experience and flexibility in working across a variety of mediums, including but not limited to: print, social, digital, experiential, motion graphics, content
- Exemplary portfolio of graphic design and branding work
- Ability to work efficiently and precisely as a part of a fast-paced and highly-talented team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Conceptual thinker and executor: can see it and do it.
- Collaborative spirit a must!
To submit your application, please send your resume and portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
// Denver, CO
Do you thrive in a fast paced and team-oriented environment? As a System76 Sales Representative, you are self-driven and detail-oriented. You can’t wait to jump at the opportunity to identify, create, and build customer relationships with all types of people.
Whether helping new customers over the phone or performing follow-up with our customers via email or the System76 integrated sales system, your goal is to provide accurate information to customers in order to build confidence in our products, our employees, and the System76 brand.
- Handles inbound sales calls and questions
- Follow up, qualify, and nurture inbound requests from multiple sales quotes, sales questions, marketing campaigns, web leads, and chats
- Take ownership of the customer sales cycle from discovery to close
- Effectively communicate the benefits of System76 products and services
- Develop and manage other inbound and lead generation tactics
- Consistently meeting follow-up requirements as defined by your weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals
- Works closely with the System76 Sales Team to meet and exceed Sales Team quota
- Works with all departments to satisfy customer requests and provide an exceptional customer experience
- Attend trade shows / conferences as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of and experience with inbound sales practices and processes
- Sales-focused individual with proven ability to understand and manage customer needs and relationships
- Basic level Linux based operating system knowledge is a plus
- Strong background in technical sales products and selling
- Strong phone presence and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of prospecting and lead generation, listening, negotiation and closing skills and new business sales
- Demonstrated ability to achieve in a highly competitive market
- Proven ability to perform in a quota-based position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as consultative sales and negotiating skills are essential
To be considered for this position, send your résumé to email@example.com.
You, Ya Beautiful Person
// Denver, CO
If you’re an awesome software engineer, maker, designer, mechanical engineer, do-everything-er, open source nut, genius, and/or passionate Linux user, we may be able to find a fit for you. If that’s intriguing, email your résumé, links to any work you have online, and why we should hire you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bartending experience a plus.