Current Openings at System76
System76 is the leading provider of Linux laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical, and an awesome dog-friendly work environment where smart people are free to create.
Quality Assurance Engineer
// Denver, CO
The people at System76 have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive. The System76 team is one that is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and an unparalleled customer experience. Your work will directly contribute to the quality of products we deliver to customers.
As the perfect candidate, you love to tinker. You love both hardware and software. You are passionate about Linux. You run beta versions of applications and file bug reports when they have issues. You spend your free time learning about the latest tech and trying to get your hands on it. You know the code name of Intel’s next micro-architecture or die-shrink. (And you probably know NVIDIA’s microarchitecture code names as well). You know what happens when you start pushing memory too far. You’ve probably bricked a system. Hopefully you un-bricked it afterwards. You LOVE benchmarking — 3rd party reviews aren’t enough, you want to see results for yourself. Details matter and you don’t take shortcuts. If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? Apply already!
- Help set and maintain quality standards for Pop!_OS releases
- Thoroughly test unreleased products as they move through the development process
- Refine test processes to improve test coverage, code quality, and testing efficiency
- Stop bugs from reaching production
- Benchmark machines and components for product viability
- Investigate issues reported by users and customers
- Test new code for functionality and regressions
- Report product testing findings
- Create high quality bug reports and shepherd them through to resolution
- Communicate high-priority bugs within appropriate channels
Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Highest standards of ethics and morals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Linux know-how and passion
- Deep knowledge of computer components
- Familiarity with version control
- Experience with benchmarking tools and result analysis
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Passion and a desire to learn
To be considered for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You, Ya Beautiful Person
// Denver, CO
If you’re an awesome software engineer, maker, designer, mechanical engineer, do-everything-er, open source nut, genius, and/or passionate Linux user, we may be able to find a fit for you. If that’s intriguing, email your résumé, links to any work you have online, and why we should hire you: email@example.com.