Current Openings at System76
System76 is the leading provider of Linux laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical, and an awesome dog-friendly work environment where smart people are free to create.
Digital Marketing Manager
// Denver, CO or Remote US-based
Are you a savvy digital marketing professional who is passionate about all things Linux and open source? Do you believe the future lies in the freedom to use your computer how you see fit? Do you have Wookieepedia bookmarked on your browser and understand the acronym LOTR? If so, you may be the person System76 is looking for.
System76 is currently looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to grow and increase our digital footprint across a number of marketing channels. Overseeing digital marketing and brand growth, the Digital Marketing Manager is a data-driven marketer who understands how to build and execute awareness and demand generation programs across a variety of digital channels including organic, paid search, paid social, display, re-targeting, and SEO/website optimization. This person must have an in-depth understanding of UTM link structure reporting capabilities as it relates to Google Analytics and other data collection tools.
- Planning, implementing, and monitoring digital marketing campaigns across paid search, display, and paid social.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Turn data and analytics into insights and strategies.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Evaluate important metrics that affect our website traffic, personas, and target audience.
- Work with your team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Manage and execute our SEO strategy.
- Create monthly digital marketing effectiveness reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years of experience running demand generation campaigns, ideally in a technology-related market
- Deep understanding of Google Analytics and UTM link structure reporting
- Analytical with a focus on specific goal setting, measurement, and results orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of SEO and best practices and elements that influence rankings in organic search results
- Ability to multi-task and manage many concurrent projects.
- Team player with proven track record in working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, confident, flexible, energetic with strong problem-solving skills
To be considered for this position, send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
// Denver, CO
We’re searching for a R&D Technician to join our team and assist in manufacturing industry-leading open source Linux computers. You’ll be responsible for creating physical prototypes from a CAD model. Close interaction with the engineering team and working on various projects with control systems. Experience with HAAS VF series machines is required and additional experience with Trumpf Trumatic Laser Punch combo machines and programming is preferred but not required. Good communication and organizational skills are essential as well as a willingness to try new things in a small team environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop CNC programs using HSM Works or Fusion 360 for 3 or 4 axis mills.
- Run production and prototyping jobs as assigned.
- Setup CNC machines, analyze drawings, design data to calculate correct part dimension for machines, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
- Monitor output and proper operation of mechanical equipment. Make mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quantity and quality requirements.
- Develop in house tools for production.
- Run part verification routines to assure quality post machining.
- Design and produce fixtures and QA Jigs…
- Provide product design feedback for machine and production optimization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Expected Areas of Competence
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a factory or R&D environment required
- Experience creating efficient CNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models.
- Experience designing tooling and fixtures
- Programming experience with HSM Works or Fusion 360 preferably.
- Shop level knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of proper speeds and feeds for cutting tools and materials being cut.
- Proficient in CNC equipment setup using best shop practices.
- Loading program (how to load a program in CNC for the right job in machine) and Dry Run Program setting tools on CNC machines
- Setting up vise, fixtures and indicate them in with custom soft jaws
- Setting work and tool offsets on CNC Machines
- Programming experience for robotics and PLCs.
- Good problem solving, written and verbal communication, and self-management skills.
Not required but valuable
- Trumpf Trumatic Laser Punch combo programming in TruTops
- Turmpf combo machine forming and tapping
- Some electromechanical experience
System76 is the leading provider of Linux laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical and an awesome work environment where smart people are free to create.
To be considered for this position, send your resume (and links to products you have designed) to email@example.com
Quality Assurance Engineer
// Denver, CO or Remote US-based
The people at System76 have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive. The System76 team is one that is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and an unparalleled customer experience. Your work will directly contribute to the quality of products we deliver to customers.
As the perfect candidate, you love to tinker. You love both hardware and software. You are passionate about Linux. You run beta versions of applications and file bug reports when they have issues. You spend your free time learning about the latest tech and trying to get your hands on it. You know the code name of Intel’s next micro-architecture or die-shrink. (And you probably know NVIDIA’s microarchitecture code names as well). You know what happens when you start pushing memory too far. You’ve probably bricked a system. Hopefully you un-bricked it afterwards. You LOVE benchmarking — 3rd party reviews aren’t enough, you want to see results for yourself. Details matter and you don’t take shortcuts. If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? Apply already!
- Help set and maintain quality standards for Pop!_OS releases
- Thoroughly test unreleased products as they move through the development process
- Refine test processes to improve test coverage, code quality, and testing efficiency
- Stop bugs from reaching production
- Benchmark machines and components for product viability
- Investigate issues reported by users and customers
- Test new code for functionality and regressions
- Report product testing findings
- Create high quality bug reports and shepherd them through to resolution
- Communicate high-priority bugs within appropriate channels
Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience
- Highest standards of ethics and morals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Linux know-how and passion
- Deep knowledge of computer components
- Familiarity with version control
- Experience with benchmarking tools and result analysis
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Passion and a desire to learn
To be considered for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
// Denver, CO
Do you thrive in a fast paced and team-oriented environment? As a System76 Sales Representative, you are self-driven and detail-oriented. You can’t wait to jump at the opportunity to identify, create, and build customer relationships with all types of people.
Whether helping new customers over the phone or performing follow-up with our customers via email or the System76 integrated sales system, your goal is to provide accurate information to customers in order to build confidence in our products, our employees, and the System76 brand.
- Handles inbound sales calls and questions
- Follow up, qualify, and nurture inbound requests from multiple sales quotes, sales questions, marketing campaigns, web leads, and chats
- Take ownership of the customer sales cycle from discovery to close
- Effectively communicate the benefits of System76 products and services
- Develop and manage other inbound and lead generation tactics
- Consistently meeting follow-up requirements as defined by your weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals
- Works closely with the System76 Sales Team to meet and exceed Sales Team quota
- Works with all departments to satisfy customer requests and provide an exceptional customer experience
- Attend trade shows / conferences as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of and experience with inbound sales practices and processes
- Sales-focused individual with proven ability to understand and manage customer needs and relationships
- Basic level Linux based operating system knowledge is a plus
- Strong background in technical sales products and selling
- Strong phone presence and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of prospecting and lead generation, listening, negotiation and closing skills and new business sales
- Demonstrated ability to achieve in a highly competitive market
- Proven ability to perform in a quota-based position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as consultative sales and negotiating skills are essential
To be considered for this position, send your résumé to email@example.com.