Current Openings at System76
System76 is the leading provider of Linux laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical, and an awesome dog-friendly work environment where smart people are free to create.
To be considered for any positions, send your résumé (and links to any source code you have online) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
// Denver, CO
Do you thrive in a fast paced and team-oriented environment? As a System76 Sales Representative, you are self-driven and detail-oriented. You can’t wait to jump at the opportunity to identify, create, and build customer relationships with all types of people.
Whether helping new customers over the phone or performing follow-up with our customers via email or the System76 integrated sales system, your goal is to provide accurate information to customers in order to build confidence in our products, our employees, and the System76 brand.
- Handles inbound sales calls and questions
- Follow up, qualify, and nurture inbound requests from multiple sales quotes, sales questions, marketing campaigns, web leads, and chats
- Take ownership of the customer sales cycle from discovery to close
- Effectively communicate the benefits of System76 products and services
- Develop and manage other inbound and lead generation tactics
- Consistently meeting follow-up requirements as defined by your weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals
- Works closely with the System76 Sales Team to meet and exceed Sales Team quota
- Works with all departments to satisfy customer requests and provide an exceptional customer experience
- Attend trade shows / conferences as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of and experience with inbound sales practices and processes
- Sales-focused individual with proven ability to understand and manage customer needs and relationships
- Basic level Linux based operating system knowledge is a plus
- Strong background in technical sales products and selling
- Strong phone presence and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of prospecting and lead generation, listening, negotiation and closing skills and new business sales
- Demonstrated ability to achieve in a highly competitive market
- Proven ability to perform in a quota-based position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as consultative sales and negotiating skills are essential
To be considered for this position, send your résumé to email@example.com.
// Denver, CO
System76 is looking for an Art Director who possesses a passion for design and execution. Someone who identifies as a creator and conceptual thinker. You have the courage to create breakthrough ideas and the stamina to sell them through. You always come with the right ideas and the right treatment.
As an Art Director, you have a strong ability to express ideas through executions that are compelling and on brand. You understand the importance of strategy and what it takes to think of big ideas that cross multiple consumer touchpoints. You can persuade stakeholders that the work you created is the right solution, but you also recognize that feedback is just another opportunity to improve the work.
We need someone who can represent System76’s culture and who are as passionate and excited about their work as our customers are about theirs. Being a company founded on open source collaboration, strong preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate familiarity with, or willingness to adopt, open source creative programs like Inkscape, Kdenlive, GIMP, Blender, OpenShot, etc.
- Collaborates on the artistic development of marketing and promotional pieces, including online, mobile, video and radio advertisements; and collateral materials
- Works in close collaboration with copywriters, strategists, developers, UX designers and other departments to deliver high-quality products on time and within budget
- Ensure creative is executed within agreed strategy, deadlines, and budget
- Partner with copywriter to craft concepts that produce effective advertising campaigns
- Commissioning specialists, such as artists and photographers, to work on projects
- Maintain and advance the System76 visual brand by enforcing brand guidelines across departments, and continuously explore new ways to enhance those guidelines
- Keep current on the latest techniques of design, graphics, layout, typography and photography, and seek new and innovative techniques
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5+ years of art direction and/or graphic design experience, ideally at an integrated ad agency
- Good eye for nerdy/niche/fantasy
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are a MUST
- Big-picture vision with the ability to expertly translate ideas into layout and presentations
- Awareness of current (and upcoming) design and ad industry trends
- Experience and flexibility in working across a variety of mediums, including but not limited to: print, social, digital, experiential, motion graphics, content
- Exemplary portfolio of art direction and design sample
- Ability to work efficiently and precisely as a part of a fast-paced and highly-talented team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Strong sense of design
- Conceptual thinker and executor: can see it and do it.
- Video And Photographic Shoot Experience Required.
- Collaborative spirit a must!
To submit your application, please send your resume and portfolio examples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You, Ya Beautiful Person
// Denver, CO
If you’re an awesome software engineer, maker, designer, mechanical engineer, do-everything-er, open source nut, genius, and/or passionate Linux user, we may be able to find a fit for you. If that’s intriguing, email your résumé, links to any work you have online, and why we should hire you: email@example.com.
Bartending experience a plus.