An OS focused on modern computer science
When Canon researches features and functions for their DSLR cameras they work with movie directors and photographers to learn how professionals use their product in the field. System76 is taking the same approach with Pop!_OS. We’ll work with professionals in computer science to learn their pain points and develop solutions. We’re dedicated to building the best computing tools and operating system for creators.
Pop!_OS Development Details
Pop!_OS is built on Ubuntu and its repositories. We follow the Ubuntu version numbers and release cycle. There will be a new release every six months. We’ll support upgrades from one release to the next.
Pop!_OS is built from Ubuntu software repositories. See security notices at usn.ubuntu.com
Pop! Open Source Projects
- Pop!_OS Main Repo: Build Pop from source
- Pop!_Docs: Online documentation
- Pop! Default Settings: Distro default settings
- Pop! Desktop: Packages that make up the distro
- Pop!_Shop: The app store
- Pop! Session: GNOME session modifications
- Pop!_Theme: GTK and shell theme
- Distinst: Pop! installer back-end
- Installer: Pop! installer front-end
- GNOME Initial Setup: With Pop! fixes and customizations
- Eddy .deb installer: Themed for Pop!
- GNOME Shell Extensions