As a System76 Production Technician, you will be crafting open hardware computers and keyboards. You love to work with your hands and have a sense of pride in cultivating a perfect product. You are an artisan who will work with quality materials to craft high-end computers unique to the marketplace. Not only are you passionate about the potential for a world with open hardware designs, you’re eager to contribute toward that future in a meaningful way.
The System76 production crew has a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive. You’ll work with a team of contributors and enthusiasts dedicated to delivering exceptional products for the Open Source community and beyond. Your work will shape the future of the company and the products we share with our customers.
- Powder coating
- Building open hardware computer chassis/exteriors and keyboards
- Using pneumatic and power tools, lasers, brakes and more
- Combining parts using jigs and build guides
- Quality checking all parts as they move from the Production team to the Assembly team
- Maintaining a perfectly clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Must enjoy teamwork, learning, variety, and working with your hands
- Attention to detail
- Understanding that safety is paramount
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to lift, push, pull, and move up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods
- Excellent dexterity
- Ability to work 10:30 am to 7:30 pm or later if necessary
- Bonus - experience with 3D printers
- Bonus - experience with welding
- Bonus - experience with wood working
System76 is the leading provider of Pop! & Ubuntu laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical and an awesome work environment.
Salary for this full-time position is $18-$20 per hour.
To be considered for this position, send your resume to email@example.com