As a System76 Machine Operator, you will be crafting open hardware computers using a variety of Production machines. You understand machine operations for the Production process and look forward to learning each new machine as it is introduced. You know what to look for when checking if something is working properly and are driven to learn how to correct it for the benefit of the team. The System76 production crew has a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive. You’ll work with a team dedicated to delivering exceptional products for the Open Source community and beyond. Your work will shape the future of the company and the products we share with our customers.
- Operating any/all machines on the Production floor
- Maintaining regular cleanliness and tool checks during operations
- Learn new operations or changes to current operations
- Building computer components using a variety of non-machine processes
- Using pneumatic tools
- Using power tools
- Combining parts using jigs
- Operating a cold saw
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Must enjoy teamwork, learning, variety, and working with your hands
- Understanding that safety is paramount
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to lift, push, pull, and move up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods
- Bonus - Experience operating HAAS CNC Mill
- Bonus - Experience with HAAS controls and probing routines
- Bonus - Experience operating a large-scale CNC laser
- $15-20 hr
System76 is the leading provider of Pop! & Ubuntu laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical and an awesome work environment where smart people are free to create.
To be considered for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.