At System76, you’ll play a key role in building and growing the world’s leading Linux computer manufacturer. We’re architecting systems and writing integrations to more efficiently manage eCommerce, inventory, production, assembly, support and other processes.
As a Back-End Developer, maintaining and extending backends and integrating APIs are your forte. You’re well-versed in infrastructure, devops, and database management. You’ve integrated numerous third-party APIs and managed both greenfield and legacy web apps.
- Author and manage system backends
- Help design, develop and document System76 APIs
- Work with front-end developers to integrate APIs and develop application logic and features
- Run, manage, and maintain System76’s cloud servers and web apps; and ensure infrastructure, scalability and constant uptime
- Integrate third party APIs and get your hands dirty with first party APIs when necessary
Required skills and experience:
- 2+ years working in a production environment
- Elixir and Phoenix framework, Erlang experience or extensive Ruby experience
- Experience working on web application architecture and APIs
- Experience integrating and managing third party API services
- Git and Github
- Docker, Kubernetes, and containerization
- CI (Preferably using Github Actions)
- Ubuntu server management
- SQL (MySQL but with an interest in PostgreSQL)
Salary $100-$120k annual + benefits
System76 is the leading provider of Pop! & Ubuntu laptops, desktops, and servers. System76 offers health benefits, paid vacation, matching 401k, sabbatical, parental leave and an awesome work environment where smart people are free to create.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
To be considered for this position, please click here to apply.